We’re looking for an experienced motion designer with an eye for design and the technical chops to back it up, whose passion drives them to constantly strive for quality regardless of client expectations. We’re seeking a teammate with a heart for visual storytelling and strong sensibilities toward motion. We are a dedicated team that puts in the time required to serve our clients and deliver the best possible product.
In this role, you will take the creative lead on motion design projects that range from explainer videos and infographics to data visualizations for films and corporate graphics packages. You will need to be a self-starter, able to problem solve both technical and creative challenges, who’s organized and a team player. A sense of humor is required.
Mass FX Media is a Denver-based, boutique motion design studio. We focus on motion design, animation and visual effects as our main niche, however, with our background in documentary, we also provide full-service production for our clients.
Type and level of motion graphics work we’re looking for: https://vimeo.com/236472614
- Job Status: Full time
- Salary: negotiable
- Location: Mass FX Media, 2734 Walnut Street, Denver, CO
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a creative, team-based environment
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced After Effects capabilities (motion design, expressions, rigging)
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite Applications (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Advanced Cinema 4D skills, or other 3D package
- Proficient video editing skills in Premiere or equivalent non-linear editor
- Advanced compositing skills or visual effects experience are a plus
- Flexible, positive attitude in the face of high pressure and stressful situations
- Open mind and learning-oriented to continue to hone technical and creative skills in the field
Roles and Responsibilities
This position will focus on motion graphics design for both 2D and 3D projects with an emphasis in 3D motion design and animation. Intermediate visual effects and compositing skills are also expected.
Must be able to take a motion design project from concept to completion.
2D and 3D motion graphics design work using After Effects and Cinema 4D. Create storyboards, animatics, rough, fine and final animations and graphics for films and video projects. Organize project files during production and consolidate and archive files after projects end. And, of course, perform other duties as assigned.
- Apple/mac workstation. Must be OS X proficient.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Cinema 4D
40-55 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasionally, there will be projects that incur work-time on evenings and weekends, and you are expected to be available and help the team complete the projects to hit deadlines.