Mass FX Media is a Denver-based, boutique motion design studio. We focus on motion design, animation and visual effects as our main niche, however, with our background in documentary, we also provide full-service production for our clients in that genre.
We are looking for a post-production producer who has managed teams specifically for motion design, animation or visual effects projects.
We need a producer who will always be one step ahead of our fast pace and who is driven to help us organize and manage our ambitious projects. This producer will manage and schedule our in-house team of artists and also hire from a network of freelancers as needed to get projects done in an efficient and timely manner.
We pride ourselves in being the experts our clients seek to lead them through the video production process, and this client-facing role needs to diplomatically and confidently keep control of client expectations and project scope. This role proactively manages budgets and timeline expectations for clients as projects morph through the creative process. Attention to detail is a must, which is why a good candidate will include his or her favorite color on their application when we ask for anything else you’d like to share.
- Job Status: Full time
- Salary: negotiable
- Location: Mass FX Media, 2710 Walnut Street, Denver, CO
- 3+ years of experience in this role or similar role
- Experience leading a team for motion design and/or visual effects projects
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the animation process with After Effects and Cinema4D or equivalent
- Excellent grammar and written communication skills
- Experience with scheduling and project management tools
- Solid time management for self and the team
- Flexible, positive attitude in the face of high pressure and stressful situations
- Open mind and learning-oriented
- A sense of humor is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for managing both the client and artist sides of the project pipeline. This person will be expected to manage the budget throughout the creative process, manage artist schedules and deadlines, plus deliver projects for review online and in-person, and receive and communicate feedback between the client and our team.
Our firm is small, but mighty, and we need to run as efficiently as possible without sacrificing an ounce of quality. This role will act as QC for rounds going to the client.
Types of projects include explainer videos, infographics, title design, data visualizations, graphic packages and typography. Clients include documentary and narrative filmmakers, large corporations and small, local companies.
- Apple/mac workstation. Must be OS X proficient.
- Adobe Photoshop and Indesign for pitches and document prep
- Standard word processing and spreadsheets
- Various project management software